Hello Everyone,
I hope everyone had a happy Valentine's day. My husband Michael and I don't really celebrate Valentine's day. We try to make every day or most days Valentine's day. We don't go out and buy each other gifts, and it is one holiday I don't mind not getting a card. But this year my husband surprise me with a couple handmade gifts the kids made in their art class at the Y.
I got a collage from Priscilla with 3 beautiful hearts and both Joshua and Priscilla made Play Dough Medallions for me. Below is a picture of the collage and the beautiful medallions. Thank you Daddy, Joshua and Priscilla. xoxoxoxo
 |
| Priscilla's Collage |
 |
| Joshua and Priscilla Play Dough Medallions |
I also surprised them with Valentine Cards freshly made by Mommy! :-)
 |
| Priscilla's card |
 |
| Joshua's card |
Cookie monster and Tigger were cut in my Cricut. I found the SVG files for these 2 characters at http://stackyscraps.com. I love paper piecing, but at 1:30 am Sunday morning it was no fun putting Tigger together. He had a million little pieces. I was glad when I was done with him. Cookie monster was a lot easier.
 |
| Michael's card |
For Michael's card I started with K&Company Adhesive paper ribbon. The heart was cut with my Cricut out of brown and fuchsia card stock and vellum. I embossed the vellum with my fine parchment embossing tool. The 'I love you' sentiment was stamped in fuchsia and heat embossed. The design in the heart was also stamped and embossed.
I just started learning more about stamping. I took a beginners stamping class at the Paper Source Store in Boston. I learned about the different inks and techniques. It was a fun class. I think my favorite ink was the VersaMark. I love how it looks when you emboss it with clear powder in color card stock. I used VersaMark and clear powder embossing in the fuchsia heart, and I was glad how this first attempt at stamping with VersaMark come out.
Here is another Valentine's day card I made.
 |
| Love Tag card |
 |
| Inside of card |
That is all for now. Take care and happy paper crafting!
Hello, Sabrinna here! I really love the Valentine's Day card you made for Titi Michael.
ReplyDelete