Sunday, March 21, 2010

Paper Lace

Hello Everyone,

Happy Spring!  We had a beautiful day here today.  The sun was out, deep blue skies and temperatures in the 70’s.  The kids, my husband and I were out in the yard enjoying this great weather.   It felt so nice to finally get some warm weather.  Spring is here!  

This past week I worked on a card for the Diggin' on Dollies and Lace Challenge going on at the Moxie Fab blog.  The challenge was to create a card with lace and/or dollies as the focal point of the card.  

When I think of paper lace the first thing that comes to mind is Parchment Craft.  Parchment Craft has a special place in my heart; it was the first paper craft I learned when I was a little girl in Brazil.  I love the beautiful intricacy of parchment lace work, so I decided to make my own lace for the challenge. The design for the lace in the card was inspired by one of the parchment designs from one of my favorite parchment designer Anneke Oostmeijer.  You can see some of her amazing work in here


Happy Anniversary Card
  
One Parchment card can take a lot of time to make.  Specially if the design requires lots of cutting. The lace work for the card above took about 7 hours to complete, which is why I don't make many Parchment cards these days.  :-)   The rest of the card was very simple to make.

The colors for the card were inspired by the picture of the Sunshine Apron in the Diggin' on Dollies and Lace Challenge blog entry.  Gosh, I love that apron.  :-)  

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper;  Sky Blue - AcMoore Cardstock
Sentiment: Happy Anniversary Rub-on - MSE
Fibers: Gold ribbon
Accents: White Pearls - Mark Richards

Card Size: 5" x 7"

I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend. 

Take care,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog! Leave me a comment and let me know that you came by. Have a great day!